Wednesday, 6 November 2013

The Moment of My Life!

We all talk about being in love and its sensation? Movies have given us a glimpse of people in love running around trees but what is it actually? 

For guys love is about physical intimacy and pride. It about the bragging rights to bagging the hottest chick or having amazing sex. On the other hand, for girls it’s about sensation of been adored. They want to be surprised, they want someone who will take care of them and buy them their hearts desire.

Are we confused about love in this masala world, are we forgetting that one true moment when nothing else matters in the world to you, when you felt you could fly. 

“Love is a force more formidable than any other. It is invisible, it cannot be seen or measured, yet it is powerful enough to transform you in a moment and offer you more joy than any material possession could.”
                                                              By Barbara De Angelis

I was in a hopeless situation in my life, where I had just lost my mom. Shortly after which my girlfriend found an easy way out of my life by dating another guy behind my back. So, here I was betrayed by love and forgotten by God. 

Maybe I expected a movie romance in my life too, but I was disappointed because not only did my Katrina Kaif leave me for someone younger. I, Salman Khan had neither a tree nor women in my life to run around.

I expected to stay single, die single and be buried single. I was Devdas without all the liquor because basically I couldn't afford to buy much of it. 

A few months passed by and one day things changed, actually one moment things changed. It’s a moment that I will never forget. The fact of the matter is, I don’t know if it is possible to fall in love like this but I did.

I had gone to Bangalore to meet a friend of mine. We spent the day together shopping, dining and so on. All through this, my friend kept talking about one of her friend. At that time, it didn't matter much because we guys have an inbuilt system, where girls can keep talking about stuff and we can keep pretending to be listening to them but actually we are not. Our thoughts are about some girls ass we just saw or how we want to get our hands on some gadgets and gizmos or about our cars.

After my long long day with her. I came back home exhausted and all I wanted to do was sleep. So I jumped into bed and closed my eyes to sleep but I just couldn't. All my thoughts were about that one girl, whom my friend spoke about. It seemed senseless to me to feel this way about someone I have never even met, seemed senseless to even spend time thinking of her but the truth is, I just couldn't sleep the whole night. In that one moment I knew I was in love with this faceless girl. Doesn't matter what you think of me, the truth was, I lay in bed and spent the whole night making plans for my future with her. I built a home with her, had kids with her, gave them names and of course we had a dog too.

That moment in my life I could never forget, because it changed everything. I just couldn't believe I was in love, my wings sprouted again, I just couldn't believe I was looking for my tree to run around. Everything just seemed different from then on. What I felt that night was something I can’t explain. My friends say that it still doesn't  make sense to them but if I put it in words, I think I experienced a glimmer of hope. A glance into a new life with someone by my side. A fresh new way of looking at things. A way of thinking, where you see a hopeful future or feeling of compassion and passion or a positive attitude of life or even a tinge of pride cause your happy, that you have someone in your life. Whatever the explanation to the feeling is? I call the feeling being stupidly in love.

I was stupidly in love in one night with a girl I haven't even met, so when I woke up in the morning, I decided I would pursue this woman. I wasn't even sure if  she had a boyfriend or not or even if she is willing to see someone but I decided I would just take a leap of faith.

Five years since that day, that women is my wife now, how she fell for me is another story, Now she has a golden ring around her finger cause that’s all I could afford to buy her. Even if I don’t win this contest I will someday buy a platinum ring and put it around her finger because she has made my life worth living again.

This Post is Written for the Indiblogger Contest Platinum Day of Love

5 comments:

  1. That was so beautiful to read! It's really nice to hear such honesty and such a romantic story! I wish you and Anisha many, many more happy years to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely wonderful....But I really would like to know that particular part when you met that girl for the first time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its really a well written piece. Great work. all the best
    please read my post too
    http://www.indiblogger.in/indipost.php?post=295492

    ReplyDelete

I'm grateful for the words of encouragement and valuable sugggestions.
Thank you for stopping by!

Cheers!
Anisha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...